Selling Your Home
Selling Your Home Tips
Find a Qualified Real Estate Professional
Millions of homes are sold each year with every owner wanting the same thing… the best possible deal with the least amount of hassle and aggravation. Lakes and Country has the experience and professionalism to meet these needs for you but you should pick the real estate professional that you feel will do the best to sell your property. Selling homes has become a more complex business than ever. Finding a qualified real estate professional is imperative to a successful sale.
Once you have found the best real estate professional for you and your home, you will need to work with that real estate professional to select the best price and prepare the home for being on the market. Your real estate professional will complete the legwork necessary to provide you with a recommendation for the best sale price. Some of the questions that agent will answer as part of this research are as follows:
- What is the age and condition of your home?
- Does the home need updating?
- What have similar homes in your area sold for?
- Have homes is your area been increasing or decreasing in value?
- Are there a lot of homes for sale in your area?
Remember, your home is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. By working with a qualified real estate professional, you can ensure that your home will receive the needed exposure to attract interested parties who are willing to make an offer.
Making Your Home Look Its Best
Your real estate professional will do his/her best to make your home look the best it can in the listings that are printed and distributed via the web. You can help your real estate professional by ensuring your home is ready for pictures and visitors. Following are some things you can do to ensure your home is in the best condition to sell itself:
- Ensure clutter is picked up and put away
- Touch up paint both inside and outside
- Clip hedges
- Mow, weed clear, and edge your yard
- Plant invite flowers
- Be aware of odors and combat them (i.e. open windows, bake, use air fresheners in moderation)
- Consider placing fresh flowers in a strategic area of your home (i.e. center of dining table, kitchen counter)
If you have completed all of the above, you are ready to sell your home. Keep up with the maintenance while your home is for sale. Be flexible with the availability of your home for viewing. Make sure you talk with your real estate professional after viewings to see if there is anything you can do to improve your chances of selling your home quickly and at the value you desire.
We hope you find these tips helpful and have signed a contract with Lakes and Country to provide excellent real estate services.
For more tips on selling your home, visit realtor.com.